Silodosin 8mg Capsule belongs to the group “alpha-blockers”. It helps in the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia – BPH also termed as the enlarged prostate gland in men. This is a common condition in men above the age of 50 years and it happens due to the multiplication of cells in larger quantities. Although the cell multiplication of the prostate gland is noncancerous and dangerous it requires a proper medication intake.
The working mechanism of Silodosin 8mg Capsule
Silodosin 8mg capsule is usually prescribed for treating benign prostatic hyperplasia or enlarged prostate glands. This capsule comes under the classification of alpha-1 blockers that works by blocking alpha-1 receptor located in the prostate and bladder muscles. Taking Silodosin 8mg capsules helps in relaxing the muscles of the bladder and prostate.
There are some essential precautions with the use of Silodosin 8mg Capsule. Following these will help in the reduction of excessive cell multiplication. Try to take the medicine after having a consultation with a health expert. Understand the dose quantity before consumption. Try to avoid the use of any other medical drugs as it may cause some ill effects. These capsules are only for the use of men, take it responsibly. Increase the intake of a healthy diet and avoid the consumption of alcohol. Store it in a cool and dry place. Some common side effects of this medicine are constipation, drowsiness, vomiting headache, etc.
Uses of Silodosin 8mg Capsule
Benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) is also known as prostate gland enlargement. It is one of the common urology conditions in men in India. The prostate gland is situated beneath the bladder and blocks the urine flow as the urine tube is pressed while coming out from the bladder to the penis. Even though the prostate gland tends to increase in size throughout life sometimes, growth increases at a much faster rate. This leads to many urinary symptoms as it blocks the urine flow –
Some common side effects of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia in men are mentioned below.
- Leaking after urination
- Weak urine flow
- Difficulty in urination
- Sudden urge to urinate
- Nighttime urination or nocturia
- Straining while urinating
Precautions with Silodosin 8mg Capsule
The common precautions suggested for the better results are mentioned below. Try to follow these for the best results.
- Take the medicine as per the instruction of a medical supervisor.
Understand the usage guide of this medicine.
- Try to avoid the use of any other pharmaceutical drugs to attain positive results.
- Take the medicine only with a glass of water.
- It may cause some allergies, inform the doctor if any serious infection occurs.
- The use of alcohol is strictly prohibited.
- Keep yourself hydrated as the urination problems can be treated with water intake. It also reduces inflammation.
Common Side Effects of Taking Silodosin 8mg Capsules
The commonly occurring side effects of this medicine are mentioned below. If any serious side effects occur kindly inform the doctor immediately.
- Retrograde ejaculation
- Stuffy nose
- Orthostatic hypotension
- Common cold
Some Serious side effects are – allergic reactions, itching, skin rash, hives, peeling skin, dizziness, liver problems, prolonged erection, etc.
Direction To Use | Silodosin 8mg Capsules
The usage guide of the medicine is mentioned below.
- Silodosin 8mg capsule is usually prescribed to be taken with a meal at the same time every day.
- If one has some kidney condition or liver condition, then one must consult the doctor before taking these capsules of silodosin.
- Silodosin capsules cause dizziness so one should avoid consuming alcohol.
- Silodosin does not decrease the size of the prostate but provides relief from symptoms related to it.
- If you are planning to have cataract surgery, then you must inform the concerned doctor about the usage of silodosin 8mg capsule.
Note- The Silodosin 8mg Capsules are only for external use.
Storage- Keep the Silodosin 8mg Capsule in a cool and dry place.