Nitrofurantoin 100 mg tablet Price In India – Nitrofurantoin is a broad-spectrum & short-term therapy antibiotic that works perfectly in treating urinary tract infections. If you are looking for details regarding “Nitrofurantoin 100 mg tablet price in India”, then you have come to the right place. Here we are going to discuss this great length about antibiotic nitrofurantoin tablets, directions to use, precautions, and side effects.
Antibiotics prevent cell formation in bacteria and ultimately kill the bacteria. A group of medications used for treating bacterial infections and there are main classifications-
- Penicillins – flucloxacillin, phenoxymethylpenicillin, amoxicillin, etc.
- Cephalosporins – cephalexin, cefaclor, cefadroxil, etc.
- Tetracyclines – lymecycline, tetracycline, doxycycline, etc.
- Aminoglycosides – tobramycin, gentamicin
- Macrolides – azithromycin, erythromycin, clarithromycin, etc.
- Sulfonamides & trimethoprim – co-trimoxazole
- Metronidazole & tinidazole
- Quinolones – norfloxacin, ciprofloxacin, and levofloxacin
Uses Of Nitrofurantoin 100 mg Tablet
Nitrofurantoin 100 mg tablet is widely prescribed for treating urinary tract infections. As it comes under the class of antibiotics, nitrofurantoin is best for treating bacterial infections. However, this medication does not work for colds, flu, or any other viral infection.
- Used For Treating Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) – Also, nitrofurantoin is a broad-spectrum antibiotic that is strongly effective against urinary tract infections. The most affected organs are the bladder, urethra, kidneys, and ureters. Also, women have a high chance of getting UTIs compared to men. The most common symptoms of UTI are blood in urine, pain while urinating, urge in frequent urination, and it can lead to other symptoms like back pain, nausea, vomiting, and fever, as the infection progresses.
- Used For Treating Bacterial Infection – Most are caused by bacteria including Staphylococcus species, Enterococcus faecalis, Klebsiella species, and Escherichia coli. Bacterial infection is quite common and caused due to weak immune systems. Also, if you are taking immunosuppressive medicines it can cause frequent bacterial infections. The most common symptoms of having bacterial infections such as fatigue, fevers, and chills.
Nitrofurantoin 100 mg Tablet Price In India
Nitrofurantoin 100 mg tablet price in India is Rs. 150 per strip and can go up to Rs. 325. This antibiotic is easily available at the pharmacy and also you can order online from authentic pharma E-Commerce stores. However, if you are a pharma distributor or wholesaler, or retailer, looking for a business opportunity in the antibiotic tablet PCD range. F.C. Remedies has a top-class quality nitrofurantoin tablet available under the brand name “NITOSH-100”. Being one of the top 10 PCD Pharma Companies in India, dealing in the urology product list, tablets, injectables, capsules & softgel, ayurvedic, and protein powder.
Direction To Use | Nitrofurantoin 100 mg Tablet
- It is usually prescribed as a 7-day course in which you need to take this medicine four times a day after the meal.
- Most importantly, nitrofurantoin 100 mg tablets can only be taken under the doctor’s recommendation.
- Also, this nitrofurantoin medicine is available in capsule, tablet, and liquid form.
- For severe kidney disease patients, and liver disease patients, we recommend not taking nitrofurantoin 100 mg tablets without the doctor’s recommendation.
- Recommended daily dosage of nitrofurantoin – for an adult, 50-100 mg four times a day if it is a regular release. And for dual release, 100 mg twice a day for 7 days.
- We recommended taking probiotics while taking antibiotics to ease the antibiotic-associated side effects.
- Do not consume alcohol or smoke while taking nitrofurantoin 100 mg tablets.
- We do not recommend pregnant women and breastfeeding mothers to take nitrofurantoin tablets.
- Nitrofurantoin is safe for children and is used for complicated urinary tract infections.
- Most importantly, complete the course of nitrofurantoin tablets to prevent an infection from coming back.
Side Effects Of Nitrofurantoin 100 mg Tablet
Like any other antibiotic, nitrofurantoin does have some side effects that fade away after stopping taking the medicine. However, if you experience severe side effects even after stopping the medication. Then you must consult your doctor immediately. Some common side effects that one can experience after taking nitrofurantoin 100 mg tablets are-
- Numbness and tingling in feet & hands
- Loss of appetite
- Dizziness or feeling sleepy
At last, we hope you get all the information regarding nitrofurantoin 100 mg tablet price in India. This medication is highly effective for treating advanced bacterial infections. But one should understand that you must consult the doctor before taking a nitrofurantoin tablet. However, if you are interested in a PCD pharma franchise, then feel free to contact F.C. Remedies today!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Question – Which antibiotic is the best for treating urinary tract infections or UTIs?
Answer – Nitrofurantoin is the most recommended and is the best for treating urinary tract infections or UTIs.
Question – What is nitrofurantoin 100 mg tablet price in India?
Answer – Nitrofurantoin 100 mg tablet price in India is Rs. 150.
Question – What is the brand name of the antibiotic nitrofurantoin?
Answer – NITOSH-100 is the brand name of the antibiotic nitrofurantoin tablet in India.