NITROFURANTOIN 100 MG TABLET – Looking for the uses, direction to use, and side effects of Nitrofurantoin 100mg tablet? This tablet is widely used for treating urinary tract infections as it is an antibiotic. This tablet of nitrofurantoin is available under the brand name “NITOSH-100”.
Know More About Nitrofurantoin Tablet
Nitrofurantoin is a type of broad-spectrum antibiotic that is widely used for treating bacterial infections such as UTIs. However, Nitrofurantoin tablets can be given as a preventative measure for bacterial infection. These bacterial infections are caused by E.Coli, Enterococci, Staphylococci, Klebsiella, Citrobacter, etc. Nitrofurantoin tablet inhibits bacterial infection by preventing cell wall formation and repair and ultimately kills the bacteria.
- Urinary Tract Infections (UTIs)
- Bladder Infection
- Kidney Infections
Uses Of Nitrofurantoin Tablet
Nitrofurantoin 100 mg tablet is widely prescribed for treating urinary tract infections. As it comes under the class of antibiotics, nitrofurantoin is best for treating bacterial infections. However, this medication does not work for colds, flu, or any other viral infection.
- Used For Treating Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) – Also, nitrofurantoin is a broad-spectrum antibiotic that is strongly effective against urinary tract infections. The most affected organs are the bladder, urethra, kidneys, and ureters. Also, women have a high chance of getting UTIs compared to men. The most common symptoms of UTI are blood in urine, pain while urinating, urge in frequent urination, and it can lead to other symptoms like back pain, nausea, vomiting, and fever, as the infection progresses.
- Used For Treating Bacterial Infection – Most are caused by bacteria including Staphylococcus species, Enterococcus faecalis, Klebsiella species, and Escherichia coli. Bacterial infection is quite common and caused due to weak immune systems. Also, if you are taking immunosuppressive medicines it can cause frequent bacterial infections. The most common symptoms of having bacterial infections such as fatigue, fevers, and chills.
Nitrofurantoin 100 mg Tablet Price In India
Nitrofurantoin 100 mg tablet price in India is Rs. 150 per strip and can go up to Rs. 325. This antibiotic is easily available at the pharmacy and also you can order online from authentic pharma E-Commerce stores. However, if you are a pharma distributor or wholesaler, or retailer, looking for a business opportunity in the antibiotic tablet PCD range. F.C. Remedies has a top-class quality nitrofurantoin tablet available under the brand name “NITOSH-100”.
What Are the Side Effects Of Having Nitrofurantoin 100mg Tablet?
In most cases, Nitrofurantoin 100mg Tablet is safe. But there can be some side effects that fade away after stopping the Nitrofurantoin Tablet –
- Dizziness or feeling sleepy
- Being sick
- Loss of appetite
Direction To Use | Nitrofurantoin 100mg Tablet
- Take Nitrofurantoin 100mg Tablet only after consulting a doctor and completing the course to avoid infection to come back.
- There are no harmful side effects of taking Nitrofurantoin Tablets but one should follow the direction to avoid nausea and dizziness.
- Do not consume alcohol and smoke when you are on Nitrofurantoin 100mg Tablet
- For breastfeeding mothers and pregnant women, please consult a doctor before taking Nitrofurantoin 100mg Tablet.
- For patients suffering from liver, and kidney problems, please do not take Nitrofurantoin 100mg Tablet without consulting a doctor.